GIRP COMMUNICATION AND EVENT OFFICER
GIRP, the European Healthcare Distribution Association, is the umbrella organisation representing over 750 pharmaceutical full-line wholesalers and healthcare distributors in Europe.
GIRP has a vacancy for a full-time position, based in Brussels. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from persons with a minimum of three years of working experience in a similar position showing a high-level of commitment, attention to detail, stress-resistance, flexibility and maturity in their work. The candidate must be able to work independently, and be proactive. We are seeking candidates with English at mother tongue level. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines. The successful candidate should be prepared to start in early September 2017.
Throughout the year, GIRP organises numerous events and meetings in Europe. Your duties will cover aspects including overall event logistics at GIRP meetings and conferences, event communication. Your main job will be to ensure the full coordination and management of the event logistics. However, the position also extents to communications work for the association in order to ensure effective communication planning and execution. The communications aspect also extends to the associations communication and marketing materials such as annual reports, website, brochures, etc. Furthermore, your job will be to take care of the associations sponsors and continuously search for and secure new sponsorship.
Specific duties may include:
- Event logistics: venue research, site visits, budget, travel, contract negotiation, supplier coordination, briefings, on-site logistics, event administration
- Execute and monitor event registration, including preparation of event invitations, sending and follow-up
- Recruiting new sponsors and maintaining good relationship with existing ones
- Website administration: updating information, quality control
- Social media campaigns
- Coordination and printing of marketing materials
- Financial administration: monitoring annual events budget, issuing invoices, payment of incoming invoices
- Other ad-hoc duties related to the effective functioning of the secretariat of the association
Core qualifications required:
- English at mother tongue level, German and/or French desired (other European languages are an asset)
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to evolving circumstances.
- Eye for detail and sense of quality are fundamental requirements for the position
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills, with good negotiation and persuasion abilities
- Proven experience in MS Office and InDesign
- Proven experience in budgeting and financial administration of events
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and out of hours on site during events
- Flexibility to travel occasionally
Then we look forward to receiving a CV and short cover letter (by email only) by 25 August 2017.
You are kindly requested to indicate your salary expectations.
Due to the high number of applications expected (and limited resources) we intend to respond only to those persons invited for further assessment. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of sending your application, you may assume you will not be invited for further assessment.
For further information please contact:
Mr. Martin FitzGerald
GIRP, the European Healthcare Distribution Association, is accepting applications from candidates currently seeing traineeship which is required as a mandatory part of their university/undergraduate curriculum. GIRP is currently accepting such applications from highly motivated undergraduate/graduate candidates seeking a 6-month internship, starting in March 2018. Candidates should show practical skills, high motivation for work, flexibility, a dynamic attitude, and team spirit. Please note that GIRP can only accept candidates who are enrolled in a university study programme for the entire duration of the traineeship.
- Assist with the organisation of the GIRP conferences and workshops
- Researching, editing, and writing input for GIRP’s numerous publications
- Compilation of PowerPoint presentations for internal meetings and external conferences
- Perform research to support ongoing projects
- Participation in conferences, seminars, and workshops with relevance to health policy
- Maintenance of GIRP’s internet presence
- Administrative support and office management
- First-hand experience of the Brussels lobbying scene
- Insight into the European pharmaceutical market and health policy sector in general and the sector of pharmaceutical full-line wholesaling in particular
- Opportunities to be involved in hands-on projects from start to finish
- Excellent team spirit in a multinational environment
- Only housing & transportation costs are covered.
- Undergraduate/graduate student, the candidate must be enrolled at a university for the entire duration of the traineeship
- The traineeship must be mandatory in the candidate’s study programme
- Candidates must be fluent in English
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Self-starter, high level of independence and responsibility
- Experience in event organisation
- Affinity for graphic design
- Attitude with social networking tools such as Twitter and Facebook
- Good English writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of French, German and/or Spanish is desirable, other languages are an asset
- Good Design skills
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter outlining why you are the best candidate to Ms Giulia Colombo (email@example.com).