Conference “Supply Chain to Value Chain: Together Adding Value”
Building on the rich exchange of previous years, the Supply Chain Conference’s third edition will bring forth new ways to transform the pharmaceutical supply chain into a true pharmaceutical value chain. In 2018, the conference moves to the United Kingdom where GIRP will partner with its UK member, the Healthcare Distribution Association UK (HDA UK) to provide the audience with engaging and insightful content.
Join in and network with our international audience of over 100 healthcare executives, distributors, manufacturers, representative of national GMP/GDP inspectorates, supply chain experts and drivers of new technologies. Throughout the course of the programme, our line-up of experienced speakers will explore and share their know-how on how best to guarantee product quality and safety through efficient and cost-effective distribution processes.
This year the conference boasts another packed panel of GMDP inspectors. Check-out the conference programme for the latest line-up of high-level speakers.
- Present the latest state-of-the-art technologies in temperature controlled transportation
- Demonstrate how collaboration can move the supply chain towards a true pharmaceutical value chain
- Further the dialogue between supply chain actors and GMDP inspectors
- Engage participants in further reflections on how to harness the additional benefits from the serialization project in Europe
- Explore new options for value creation within the healthcare ecosystem
- Explore the impact of Brexit on the British and European pharmaceutical value chains
TOPICS TO BE ADRESSED
- Handling temperature sensitive products
- Temperature controlled storage, monitoring and transportation
- Experiences from GDP inspections
- Medicines batch tracking requirements
- Electronic delivery notes
- Responsibilities of responsible person
- Implementation of the Falsified Medicines Directive
5 KEY TAKE-AWAYS
- Deep and concrete insight on how to secure an end-to-end temperature controlled supply chain
- Clear understanding of GMDP inspectors’ expectations
- How to further advance with GDP implementation at national level
- How to improve business processes with serialization
- How to collaborate with your value chain partners
GIRP, the European Healthcare Distribution Association, is the umbrella organisation for pharmaceutical full-line wholesalers and distributors of healthcare products and services in Europe. It represents the national associations of over 850 pharmaceutical wholesalers serving 35 European countries, as well as major international and pan-European healthcare distribution companies. GIRP members employ over 140,000 people and distribute around 15 billion packs of medicines as well as a wide range of healthcare products per year. As the vital link in healthcare, they are committed to developing and providing innovative and efficient healthcare products and services to improve health and wellbeing of patients across Europe.
ABOUT HDA UK
The Healthcare Distribution Association (HDA UK) represents those businesses who supply medicines, medical devices and healthcare services for patients, pharmacies, hospitals, dispensing doctors and the pharmaceutical industry. HDA UK members operate across the 4 nations of the United Kingdom enabling a safe, efficient and high-quality supply chain for the healthcare sector. Our members distribute over 90% of NHS medicines and provide wholesaling services including working capital, stock management and IT systems to their supply chain partners.
The HDA Gold Standard of Good Distribution Practice is a sector-defining initiative to which our members adhere in their day-to-day operations. The HDA engages with government and regulators, nationally and internationally, and works with stakeholders up and down the supply chain to promote the interests of its members.