GIRP, the European Healthcare Distribution Association, is the umbrella organisation of full-service healthcare distributors in Europe. GIRP represents the national associations of over 750 pharmaceutical wholesalers serving 33 European countries, as well as major international and pan-European healthcare distribution companies. GIRP members employ over 140,000 people and distribute around 15 billion packs of medicines as well as a wide range of healthcare products per year. As the vital link in healthcare, GIRP is committed to developing and providing innovative and efficient healthcare services to improve health and wellbeing of patients across Europe.
GIRP relentlessly strives for innovative, sustainable and resilient healthcare systems across Europe and support members with ensuring timely access to healthcare products and services for all citizens.
- Raise a high level of awareness and profile of the sector.
- GIRP is the sector’s voice towards European institutions and other decision-making bodies, as well as a trusted partner for healthcare stakeholders.
- Strive for a smarter regulatory environment in which GIRP members operate for the ultimate benefit of citizens health and wellbeing.
- As the vital link in healthcare GIRP provides a platform for the stakeholders in the healthcare value chain to facilitate the dialogue and exchange on best practices creating business opportunities for all.
GIRP makes the sector’s voice heard in the decision-making process at European level and other decision-making bodies.
- Providing latest information on current and future trends affecting full-service healthcare distributors and healthcare overall.
- Offering know-how exchange amongst members.
- Creating a platform for an expanded contact network and new business opportunities.
- Providing extensive tailor-made information service via newsletters, data collection, member area and multiple publications, as well as with ad-hoc communication.
- Offering representation in European and international fora to influence the future of the healthcare distribution sector.
- GIRP makes the sector’s voice heard in the decision-making process at European level and other decision-making bodies.